The Action Shooting group practices tactical shooting skills in an environment that stresses safe handling and operation of a handgun, and is low pressure so all participants have some fun while learning valuable skills. We require strict adherence to all the safety rules common to IDPA, USPSA & ASI.
Equipment: Bring what you want to shoot! You will need:
- a solid holster (strong side OWB) that is a proper fit for the gun you bring (kydex recommended),
- a solid belt,
- belt mounted mag/speedloader carriers for 3 mags/speedloaders,
- proper eye and ear protection (think about using an amplified headset that will allow you to hear range commands),
- enough ammo for the gun you bring
- a safe and positive attitude!
Members of the Action Shooting Group took part in an Aiming for Zero match in October 2021, an event that raises awareness and funds to prevent veteran suicide. You can check out some of the action in this video:
Members also took part in the 2021 Fall Walls of Steel challenge – check out this video of some of the action!
Contact Gene to learn more, and check out our YouTube playlist below to see the kind of things we do in our weekly events and to see some actual competitions in which our members have taken part!